Thursday, 19 January 2012

Compassion fatigue

So it's the morning again and I'm not the person that rested their head on this pillow. My eyes are scrunched up afraid of the day ahead. My head full but with what, I don't know. My body heavy.

I know I need to tune out. Tune onto something that will activate a soothing response... releasing the oxytocin embrace.

I am so afraid that the people I love and keep close will tire of this. Med is ill again... it must be so wearing. Everyone I know is so wonderfully busy and their lives so complex. My being unwell must just deepen their waters and thin their compassion. My fellow bloggers, you must know this better than any. I guess this reflects on how I have lost a degree of patience with myself and so expect others might feel the same way.

There is another day looming. Right now it feels like another opportunity to fail. What a way to wake up.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're not well again. Have your thought of getting in touch with these guys http://blurtitout.org/ ? I got to know the founder, Jayne, through something we were doing for work and she's lovely. Let me know if you'd like an introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by Mr Rocket. It is always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, did you read this? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/twitter/9021501/Sacked-salesman-gathers-thousands-of-supporters-after-posting-dismissal-letter-on-Twitter.html and/or follow @badlydrawnroy on Twitter? Quite an interesting case and highlights how employers really haven't got a clue when it comes to dealing with depression.

      Delete
  3. It's a bummer when you go to bed one person and wake up another :-(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are what make it interesting...sorry about the introduction of word verification but unfortunately this blog has been recently plagued by spambots.