The support I've gained from others through writing this blog is greater than anything I could have hoped for. I am a great believer in drawing on others to get through depression, and doing all one can to resist the drive to withdraw. I am always blown away by the trouble people take to reach out and be kind to me. To those of you who have been checking in with me from time to time... thank you so much for making me feel like you cared and for showing me such warmth. To those of you who took the time to join me and read the story... thank you for taking the trouble to try and understand. To those of you that shared your stories with me, as I have done with you.... thank you for making me feel like I belong. For those of you that pointed me to new mines of knowledge and understanding, thank you for handing me the torch to shine more light on this depression and this life.
I am fortunate to have watched the following You Tube film, which has a running time of about an hour and features Robert Sapolsky giving a lecture on the subject of depression at Stanford Universtity: Stanford's Sapolsky on Depression in the US (Full Lecture). I can do nothing less than share it with you too. I am indebted to Running Circles for introducing me to this film. A link to the film will remain on the Everything I Know (Almost) page.
As for the future of this blog... I'm uncertain at this time. Stay safe and be together in your struggles.
Yours, Med.
Getting back to normal, will I guess take up more of your time but no "Med" blog to read would leave a bit of a gap in my day. It's what's best for you that matters though but I just thought I'd let you know from this side of the screen how I'd feel.
ReplyDeleteOnwards and upwards, Spanner.
My husband suffers from clinical depression, as well as PTSD, and I was so glad to find this blog. It's so refreshing to read someone's honest struggles and triumphs as they are working to take care of themselves. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
ReplyDeleteI hope you will keep writing. In the short time since we've found each other I feel better. I feel better because I know I'm not the only person who feels the way I do, and because you articulate things so well and cause me to really, really think about things I've been trying NOT to think about.
ReplyDeleteSo I thank you... and hope you keep it up.
I don't know what to say other than it meant a lot to me to read your comments, i think of you fellow bloggers as friends and I'm so glad to have met you. It perks up my days to read your blogs and hear how you are all getting on... thanks to you too for sharing with me through your writing.
ReplyDelete